| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (klhansen, ronsway, 1 invisible),
165
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,106 Posts1,056,213 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 90 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 90 | Did all 1-ton 67-72 models have a spacer on the rear axle to allow 16 in dual wheels to work on the larger drums? http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn214/jfnar/57%20chevy%203800/DSCF1146.jpgThis is a photo that jfnar had posted when I had asked about the best way to convert a '59 1-ton to duals. How similar are the front wheels/hubs on 67-72 to what would have been on a 59 dually 1-ton? Just wondering how common these rear wheel spacers are. I'm finding that 19.5 wheels and rims are somewhat scarce, and that it's a lot easier to find 16 in. dually rims.
Last edited by Kerwin; 11/26/2011 11:36 PM.
1959 Chevrolet 3800 Pickup 1937 Chevrolet GC Panel Can you still call it a barn find if it's your barn? | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | I don't see a spacer in the picture??? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 90 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 90 | I believe it's the piece that the wheel studs are coming out of, outboard of the brake drum.
1959 Chevrolet 3800 Pickup 1937 Chevrolet GC Panel Can you still call it a barn find if it's your barn? | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | That's the hub, it has inboard drums. Looks like the 14 bolt rear I have, no spacers.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 187 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 187 | That's not a spacer,it's part of the hub.
_____________ Floyd If we choose being kind over being right,we will be right every time. Knowledge is a poor substitute for experience. Remember what is precious to another, may not be to you, but it is precious nonetheless. 1948 Chevy 2-Ton | | | | | Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 90 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2000 Posts: 90 | Thanks guys for setting me straight. I had mistakenly thought the spacer was removable, not part of the hub. I knew folks would have the right answers when I posted!
1959 Chevrolet 3800 Pickup 1937 Chevrolet GC Panel Can you still call it a barn find if it's your barn? | | |
| |
| |