| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,154 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#80033 07/15/2007 4:01 AM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 176 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 176 | I need a new monojet carb for my 1970 C50 with 292 6 cyl. will one from any 250/292 fit ? I have been looking on ebay but a lot are listed for all inline 6's. Is this correct. Also can some one give me the correct base ignition timing. Thanks
1970 C50 dump! saving orphans from the CRUSHER
| | |
#80034 07/15/2007 2:33 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | The 292 has a larger throat then one from a 250. The 250 will fit & work but you will lose some power. Most rebuilt carbs will be the smaller one even if it,s listed for a 292 because the larger one is pretty rare. The 68 up models will fit but they made changes in the choke system & other modifications through the years. If you have the original carb it would be better to rebuild it. It is matched to the engine. Contact Carbking. He is active on this websight & is very knolegable on carbs. The timing setting is probably around 2-4 degrees but I would try about 6 & if it doesn,t ping on a hard pull it will run beter. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#80035 07/15/2007 3:41 PM | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 176 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 176 | Thanks, the one that is on there is not the original. It has a reman sticket on it. some one had this apart and totally hacked it up.I tryed to repair it as best as posible but still won't run right. The truck runs like it has a vacume leak but I have checked every where and can't find one. I sprayed around the intake with carb cleaner, blocked off all vacume ports, even blocked off all the brake boosters. I still have to have the Idle mixture screw all the way out, and it still runs like it's lean. I blew out all the ports when I had it apart.
1970 C50 dump! saving orphans from the CRUSHER
| | |
#80036 07/15/2007 5:50 PM | Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 2,766 Carburetion specialist | | Carburetion specialist Joined: Nov 2002 Posts: 2,766 | Try this page from our website to help you with the interchange: http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/Trchevrolet.htm Jon. Good carburetion is fuelish hot airThe most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify. If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!The Carburetor Shop | | |
| |
| |