| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,269 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 81 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 81 | I found myself having to replace the wiring on my 65 C10 on the right tail light. I replaced the fixture also with another I had lying around. Now brakes lights work, parking lights work but when I use the left signal both sides blink. The right... nothing blinks.  Any clue(s) as to where I should start tracing the wires? Thank you Tim | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,804 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,804 | Check both tail/brake light sockets for grounding. One side will show a high resistance, or no ground at all. Rusty mounting hardware or a bad connection between the bulb socket and the housing is the most common cause of what you're describing. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 81 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 81 | I will check the d/s since I replaced the p/s yesterday.
Thank you for the reply.
Tim | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 89 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 89 | Dumb question. What is d/s and p/s? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,804 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,804 | Driver's side- - - -Passenger's side.
I've created a few problems when I installed something electrical, so now I make it a practice to recheck the last thing I worked on before chasing gremlins everywhere else! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 67 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 67 | sounds to me like the ground is bad on the ds, since the ps works the ds is grounding on the ps since it comes on too? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 81 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 81 | 6tvette,
I will give that a try.
Thank you Tim | | |
| |
| |