| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
3 members (baldeagle, Shade Baby, 1 invisible),
94
guests, and
4
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,125 Posts1,056,336 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 8 | Does anyone know of a computer program that will show you how to disassembly and reassemle a truck? Thanks Locksmith | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 81 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 81 | The shop manuals on disc are the best as far as viewing on a PC. I purchased the 63-66 (4) volume by Dave Graham and feel it was well work the money. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 207 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 207 | One thing that has helped me is taking a ton of pictures. I was amazed at a couple of things I thought would be a piece of cake to put back together but months later when I finally get around to it I'm glad I had the pictures. Plus it's cool to show people your progress.
Tom 1965 Chevy C10, 230 straight six, 2WD, 4-speed manual
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | Does anyone know of a computer program that will show you how to disassembly and reassemle a truck? Thanks Locksmith Progress photos of frame-off restoration | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 8 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 8 | That is what I am concerned about,for getting how something goes back together weeks after. A good computer program would be great to have for reference. Locksmith | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | The best method, is to photo-document the process, yourself. By taking photos of the areas you are most concerned about and at the frequency you see fit, will suffice when putting the project back together.
There is no such thing as a computer program...maybe a electronic file of the Factory Assembly Manual will assist in the process, but it may be too generic, especially if you are that concerned with your ability to remember how it came apart. A digital camera is a rather important tool for the shop, when doing a complete disassembly and re-assembly.
Good luck with your project and keep us posted on your progress. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 207 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 207 | Locksmith,
Like Tony said get a digital camera and take A LOT of pictures. Also, I got a bunch of gallon ziplock baggies and bagged the nuts and bolts and other parts then wrote on the bags what they were and what side they came from.
You don't say what truck you are working on but the shop manuals are a must in my opinion.
Good luck and share your photos I like seeing others progress and ideas.
Tom 1965 Chevy C10, 230 straight six, 2WD, 4-speed manual
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 26 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 26 | Yes a camera and lots of photos really help remembering what goes where. Another thing I used to do was go to shows and take pict's. of other guy's trucks was really helpful when putting in electrical harness back. One thing I wish I had done was use something other than masking tape and a ink pen to mark my under dash harness took me awhile to locate the right place to put them. That's all. good luck and don't stop working on it, try to do something on it every day even if it is to go out in the garage and look at it and remember what you just did. Later short 63. | | |
| |
| |