The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, jmoore, NorCal52Suburban, Donf), 183 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,208
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 39
T
New Guy
New Guy
T Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 39
Hey guys,

When I was looking at ways to put a/c vents,radio, and front speakers in my 39 I didnt want to cut up the dash or have a modern look to what I put in.

So for the side a/c vents I cut in half an old harrison heater face and mounted the vents inside, welded some new mounting surface and now they bolt up under the dash in each corner.

For the center a/c vents I got an old 3 door ford heater. With some major modifications, I mounted 2 vents in it as well as a stereo and some 4x6 speakers. With all the doors shut there is no hint of modern looking vents or stereo visible. I added pics of these to my album

http://s1233.photobucket.com/albums/ff392/thirtyniner39/

Thirtyniner


39 chevy 1/2 ton
48 chevy fleetline aerosedan
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Online: Content
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
That is slick!


"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."

1957 GMC 150
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 394
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 394
Like the look, load more pics


Drive with Pride. mike j
family pic
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
Outa the box thinking.
Old Air products have the option of having your center vents hidden inside your speaker grill and just two small vents on either end of your dash.


~Jim

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0