The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Charles in CA, LAROKE, Wally / Montana, Cletus1950, 78buckshot, TrknGMC, UtahYork), 162 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,221
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
I have a new addition to my Garage. I have been working on the '56 3200 and a friend decided to sell his '50 3100. It was a very special truck that I could not pass up. It has a newer 350 chevy engine and 350 trans. Ps. Pb. and Air. Well it's time to store for the winter and I like to keep Battery Maintainers on my vehicles. The 50 has the battery under the capert and trim. Has anyone an idea for remote connectors for charging or even jump starting if necessary? I have been more of a stock person with my other vehicles but this one is special to me. '73 Nove front end and the wife likes the ps and air. Tom
Here is a link to pictures https://picasaweb.google.com/100461550391332593346/1950ChevyTruck?authkey=Gv1sRgCL7Ns9XQudT7HQ#

Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,644
All I can say is WOW!! That's one good lookin' truck my friend.
It's certainly got an unusual paint scheme to it, but I like it.
And the PO sure put a ton of little "extras" on that truck while he had it. Love the etched windows and the tissue dispenser.
Never saw so much chrome on an old AD!!

You've got a keeper there for sure. Congrats!


Chuck
1950 Chevy 1/2 ton (all original)
1951 Chevy 1/2 ton (future streetrod)
1941 Chevy coupe
1938 Chevy coupe streetrod
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
Thanks. I just sit in the garage and get goose bumps looking at it. Tom

Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 101
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 101
I got those same goose bumps previewing your photos! One cool truck.


Disciple
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,802
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,802
Search E-pay for "jump start connector". There are several versions of a plug-in system that could be hidden on a bumper bracket, frame rail, etc., and wired in to the battery cables with arc welding cable. just plug in and charge or boost, you don't even have to open the hood. I used a similar system on my road service rig for 18-wheelers with a BIG battery and #00 welding cables, with plugs on both bumpers of the service truck. You can use the same system to jump start another vehicle safely.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 97
Jerry -I will look into these. I was thinking of using the perminant install cable that came with the Sure Charge maintainer (it has a plug on the end) but the does not help for possible jump start need in the future, Thanks for the info. Tom


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0