The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (UtahYork, Millenimech, klhansen), 168 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,289
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 117
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 117
I have a 65 chevy c10. I am in the process of repainting it inside and out. THe previous owner was working on the door panel on the passengers side and drilled all the screws holding the door panel on. The only thing I could do was finish the drilling until I could remove the door panel. Then I had to knock out the square nut that was in the door because the screws was in them and I could not remove them. How can I replace the nuts. I tried to weld in some new one but that did not work I was getting weld splater all over the inside of the door where I am doing body work. Do they make a replacement nut for the door panel?

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 172
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 172
i dont know if you can get what we use in the uk
but ther,s a type of rivit with a thread inside called ,,rivinut,,

it may do the job for you i,v used them on buses and the like for fitting panels where you cant get to the back of to hold a nut or where you cant or darn,t weld

an internet search may come up with some for you


live or die do it with spanner in hand
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 426
Id check w/Brothers truck parts. They have some door clips, not sure if they carry the 65 or not


http://s971.photobucket.com/albums/ae197/jon63c10
1963 c-10 shortbed stepside 427 BBC T16 HD 3 speed
1963 c-10 shortbed fleetside 348 "w" 1st gen big block & powerglide
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 47
I welded up the hole, redrilled and installed a thread insert.

Joined: May 2010
Posts: 47
C
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
C Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 47
GOOGLE "Fasteners" or "spring nut"

See if your local NAPA carries spring nuts.


1962 C-10 Chevy

In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

ADHD and luvin' it
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
K
Moderated
Moderated
K Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 2
Google "jo-bolt" "las aerospace"


I like More's Law 'If more is better, then too much is just right.'
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 335
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 335
they make an aluminum nut, has a flange which fits in the hole you put them in the hole and tighten them down and the flange bends over capturing it in place.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 335
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 335
or get some flange nuts and glue them to the inside using polyeurathane adhesive. even flat plate with threaded holes will do just don't get poly in threads!

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 117
7
'Bolter
'Bolter
7 Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 117
Thanks for all the good ideas

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,805
Check Harbor Freight for a kit called a "Riv-nut" setter. It's a tool similar to a pop riveter, but it permanently installs a threaded sleeve in all the common machine screw sizes. I've used it many times during race car construction where we needed to install a removable panel for access to something like a hidden Nitrous Oxide bottle!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 169
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 169
HEY I USE THE PLASTIC LICENSE PLATE BOLT CLIPS THAT GO INTO THE BUMPER!


65 Chev shorty
65 Chev longbox
65 Chev crewcab
65 Chev bus!
Photobucket pictures
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
Here's a homemade rivnut setter.
http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10746
This might be the quick and dirty way to go.
clipnuts

Any hardware store will have these kicking around

Last edited by k10; 12/28/2011 6:47 PM.

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0