| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (dt235sd, sron48, Keepinthemstockm, TUTS 59, Wally / Montana, Jay R, 1 invisible),
89
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,084 Posts1,056,333 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 117 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 117 | I have a 65 chevy c10. I am in the process of repainting it inside and out. THe previous owner was working on the door panel on the passengers side and drilled all the screws holding the door panel on. The only thing I could do was finish the drilling until I could remove the door panel. Then I had to knock out the square nut that was in the door because the screws was in them and I could not remove them. How can I replace the nuts. I tried to weld in some new one but that did not work I was getting weld splater all over the inside of the door where I am doing body work. Do they make a replacement nut for the door panel? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 172 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 172 | i dont know if you can get what we use in the uk but ther,s a type of rivit with a thread inside called ,,rivinut,,
it may do the job for you i,v used them on buses and the like for fitting panels where you cant get to the back of to hold a nut or where you cant or darn,t weld
an internet search may come up with some for you
live or die do it with spanner in hand
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 426 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 426 | Id check w/Brothers truck parts. They have some door clips, not sure if they carry the 65 or not | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 47 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 47 | I welded up the hole, redrilled and installed a thread insert. | | | | | Joined: May 2010 Posts: 47 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2010 Posts: 47 | GOOGLE "Fasteners" or "spring nut"
See if your local NAPA carries spring nuts. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 2 | Google "jo-bolt" "las aerospace"
I like More's Law 'If more is better, then too much is just right.'
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 | they make an aluminum nut, has a flange which fits in the hole you put them in the hole and tighten them down and the flange bends over capturing it in place. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 335 | or get some flange nuts and glue them to the inside using polyeurathane adhesive. even flat plate with threaded holes will do just don't get poly in threads! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 117 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 117 | Thanks for all the good ideas | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,825 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,825 | Check Harbor Freight for a kit called a "Riv-nut" setter. It's a tool similar to a pop riveter, but it permanently installs a threaded sleeve in all the common machine screw sizes. I've used it many times during race car construction where we needed to install a removable panel for access to something like a hidden Nitrous Oxide bottle! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 169 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 169 | HEY I USE THE PLASTIC LICENSE PLATE BOLT CLIPS THAT GO INTO THE BUMPER! | | |
| |
| |