The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (3B, Joe H, Gdads51, 68ironhead, Jon G, JW51, 3800GUY, TUTS 59), 198 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,103
Posts1,056,188
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 32
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 32
Hi,

I am trying to get my instrument panel out. It's a '65 with gauges. I have disassembled all switches and removed the screws that keep the bezel in place. But I can't get it off. I think it is the oil pressure (line?) which is still connected. How or where do I disconnect this line?? I've never seen this before...

Greetings from Germany


'65 C-20 Fleetside 283 4-speed-MT
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
The oil pressure gauge line unscrews from the back of the gauge. Take a 5/16 in. wrench & unscrew the hex fitting. Do not start the engine with it removed.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 321
If you do start the engine with the line unplugged then be ready to clean up an unholy mess. Ask me how I know grin


1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside
1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 32
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 32
Uhh, great. I haven't ever seen this before and dont't want to break it. I indeed planned to start the engine with the unit unplugged... :-)


'65 C-20 Fleetside 283 4-speed-MT
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,799
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,799
I started a 283 engine once with the oil pressure line disconnected out by the distributor. The shop had 12-foot ceilings, and oil was dripping off the light fixtures!
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0