The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (WICruiser, Ponchogl, DaveV, TUTS 59), 100 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,362
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5
Y
New Guy
New Guy
Y Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5
I'm putting a 292 in my '70 Blazer. I've added an Edelbrock 4bbl manifold and headers. I have a Holley 390CFM to run on it. The problem is I added a vacuum booster to the manual brakes to run the newer disk brake front end. The Holley will fit if the shafts are at right angles to the engine and the carb's levers are by the vacuum booster. The carb's linkage now have to be pulled toward the rear of the truck to open, the same direction as the throttle pedal arm.
I need suggestions. Snake a LONG cable under the manifold and headers and back up to the carb linkage? Fabricate a shaft mounted above the manifold and use short linkage? Where can I get parts to make this?
Should have just put the 250 back in it.

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
oh come on, don't give up now.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 60
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 60
let us now what you end up doing thats the set up i want to put on mine

Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,847
for the linkages try McMaster carr, or grainger. You may have to do it a couple of times before you get every thing to fit, but it would sure be cool. Just make sure everything is free, so you don't get your throttle stuck wide open.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
No problem a bellcrank won't fix. They can change speed, length of stroke, direction, or convert a back and forth motion to a side to side one.


Evan
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 50
6
New Guy
New Guy
6 Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 50
Any pictures of your eddy manifold and headers? I didn't know they made them.

Getting the throttle linkage to work in my car was a pain. It previous had a 194 and I installed a 292. I'm currently working on a writeup to show what I had to do to get it to work. I'll post it when I finish it. In the meantime here are a couple of pics of the setup:
throttle mods

and what I ended up with overall:292 in a '63 Chevy II

Last edited by 63ChevyNova; 12/27/2011 6:26 AM.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0