| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (55shaker, 1955 1 Series, BC59, 3800GUY, RaNfLaS, tclederman, Otto Skorzeny, wilbur53, FAST55),
156
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,104 Posts1,056,201 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 32 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 32 | Hi,
I am trying to get my instrument panel out. It's a '65 with gauges. I have disassembled all switches and removed the screws that keep the bezel in place. But I can't get it off. I think it is the oil pressure (line?) which is still connected. How or where do I disconnect this line?? I've never seen this before...
Greetings from Germany | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | The oil pressure gauge line unscrews from the back of the gauge. Take a 5/16 in. wrench & unscrew the hex fitting. Do not start the engine with it removed. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2008 Posts: 321 | If you do start the engine with the line unplugged then be ready to clean up an unholy mess. Ask me how I know 
1963 Chevy C20 Longbed Stepside 1978 Chevy K30 Custom Deluxe
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 32 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 32 | Uhh, great. I haven't ever seen this before and dont't want to break it. I indeed planned to start the engine with the unit unplugged... :-) | | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,799 | I started a 283 engine once with the oil pressure line disconnected out by the distributor. The shop had 12-foot ceilings, and oil was dripping off the light fixtures! Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | |
| |
| |