The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (51sub), 128 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,125
Posts1,056,338
Members48,440
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 22
F
Apprentice
Apprentice
F Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 22
Hello. I've got a drivetrain out of a 93 Buick Roadmaster that I want to transplant into my 72 Chev PU. It's actually a Chev 350 with throttle body injection and a 700R4. It seems like a straightforward swap. Is there something I should be aware of that I'm not thinking about?


Fleetside Bob
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy bobtheinsman, A high pressure fuel pump and a return line to the tank from the pump, a non resistant ignition wire for the distributer are a couple of things that I thought of, hope that helps,

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 230
Unless the truck already has one, you will also need a brake switch to disconnect the converter lock up when the brakes are applied. I also think that the 700R4 is slightly longer than the automatic ( I assume your '72 is auto) in the truck now, so an engine mount revamp is in order.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0