The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bill Hanlon), 181 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,239
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#790536 10/20/2011 2:31 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 112
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 112
I'm only a gear-head wannabe, but I do wanna learn. I've just bought a '69 C-10 and want to do maintenance from bumper to bumper myself. So far...oil change. I can find a few obvious lube points, but would love to have a comprehensive list of all. I'd appreciate any advice on such from the pros.

flickr photo album showing my '69 C10


Darren

1969 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
M
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
M Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,388
If you get a shop manual, they'll all be listed I imagine. For now, just crawl around underneath with the trouble light, and look around for the grease nipples. If your truck is too low to fit under with a creeper, jack it up safely, on proper jack stands first.


Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
W
Riding in the Passing Lane
Riding in the Passing Lane
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 8,597
There are a lot of fittings on this model & good maintenance is important. The control arms have metal bushings so there is a fitting on each end. Like Lang says get the shop manual & follow the chart. You should change the grease in the trans. & rear end.


They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing.
1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne Super
In the Gallery Forum
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 112
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 112
Thanks, guys! I see that the manual is the way to go.


Darren

1969 Chevy C-10 Fleetside
In the Stovebolt Gallery

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0