| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (78buckshot),
86
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 | I'm only a gear-head wannabe, but I do wanna learn. I've just bought a '69 C-10 and want to do maintenance from bumper to bumper myself. So far...oil change. I can find a few obvious lube points, but would love to have a comprehensive list of all. I'd appreciate any advice on such from the pros. flickr photo album showing my '69 C10 | | | | | Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2008 Posts: 1,388 | If you get a shop manual, they'll all be listed I imagine. For now, just crawl around underneath with the trouble light, and look around for the grease nipples. If your truck is too low to fit under with a creeper, jack it up safely, on proper jack stands first. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | There are a lot of fittings on this model & good maintenance is important. The control arms have metal bushings so there is a fitting on each end. Like Lang says get the shop manual & follow the chart. You should change the grease in the trans. & rear end. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 112 | Thanks, guys! I see that the manual is the way to go. | | |
| |
| |