The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (tclederman, DadsFirstPickup, 59 fleet, IHPWR, Ponchogl), 102 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
Ok my brain is smoking. I have been researching the hei conversion with the distributer from a 250 into a 235. I am having trouble understanding what to do to clamp this in. I do not have the 250 distributer yet. Do I use clamps from the 250 distributer? Do I use clamps from my 235 distributer? What is meant by a split collar? Does anyone have pictures? I am sure I will feel dumb once I see how it's done.
Thanks Jason :confused: :o
[email protected]

Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2005
Posts: 469
After turning the shoulder off the 250 dist. on the lathe so the shaft would go in to the block far enough I modified the clamp from the old 235 dist. to fir the hei. The original clamp for the hei will not work on the 235 block. When you look at the 235 clamp you'll understand.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
Thank you, ttodd. Sounds fairly simple to do, at least easier than I was making it in my head.
Thanks again, Jason

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 595
if you go to the h.a.m.b. website i just did a complete tech article on the conversion with plenty of pic's. don't need a lathe for this conversion dremel cuttoff worked fine. when you grind everything smooth soap up (dial) your grinding wheel so it doesn't load up. always wear your SAFETY EYE AND FACE PROTECTION! i'm going to do a few more conversions,just update one's already done with tech article and more pic's. 2.8 v-6 chevy and converting stock dizzy to electronic (not pertronix) using o.e.m. parts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the h.a.m.b. website?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the link to the H.A.M.B.

Salty language sure won't bother me. I grew up with a father who cursed like a sailor. Now I am sometimes known to do the same.

Can you provide a link to the tech tip? I looked for it over there, but couldn't find it.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
H
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
H Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 83
I had the same luck trying to find it Eric. Look forward to seeing your tech tips Joe.
Thanks Jason


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0