Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,271 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 20 | I'm originaly from Mt where I bought my 63 half ton, step side 4x4 when I was in high school (1977). Drove it all over the country till I moved to Mn. Its still there driveable but waiting for a restoration while I'm working/living in Wa state. Don't know if I can figure out the picture thing, but I'll try. Did figure out the picture thing (just barely). And yes, it has 2 spare tires (yeah, thats not original)
Last edited by MTANA; 10/09/2011 6:53 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 20 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 | Welcome, MTANA! That is a cool truck, and it is neat that you've had it for so long. Something about loyalty and friendship come to mind, 'cause I'm sure you get lots of inquiries about whether it's for sale. Again, very neat you've kept it. You'll find lots of great info and people on here. We all love old Chevy/GMC trucks, so you've come to the right place. Hey, how did you get the passenger side wheel well modified to accomodate that extra spare tire? I've been thinking of doing that with my '61. It just looks so much better "balanced", in my opinion.  | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 20 | Took some basic dimentions from the factory side, added about a 1 in lip, cut it out and fiberglassed it. Used a factory wheel mount and attached the same as the left side. | | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 20 | Having something like this for so long has generated alot of memories like teaching my kids to drive something with a choke, a clutch and manual everything! (Not to mention a few high school dates). By the way, that cute little blond girl in the picture just turned 21! Boy, is that truck getting old! | | | | | Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 Moderator | | Moderator Joined: Mar 2007 Posts: 4,215 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 | Took some basic dimentions from the factory side, added about a 1 in lip, cut it out and fiberglassed it. Used a factory wheel mount and attached the same as the left side. Cool! And you make that sound so simple. lol ... I'll have to learn some basic skills in autobody work, before I tackle that. Thanks for the info.  | | |
| |