The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Hanks custodian, Southerntruck, baldeagle, Woodcmiami, J Lucas), 70 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,133
Posts1,056,398
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#783100 09/23/2011 2:49 PM
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
Could/would someone with a 400 tranny please measure the trans fluid dip stick? Say from where it bottoms out on the top of the tube to the bottom. I would really apprciate it. I'm trying to figure out if the one I have is correct. I have a huge impression that it is not. I have another trans, a 350, that was missing the tube and stick, so I bought em. I read here that the 350 and 400 were different. Well, now the new 350 stick and the one in the 400 are different but it still doesn't tell me if the 400 stick is the right one. A known correct length will answer my problem.


'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!!
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
I have a TH 400 sitting in the corner. The dipstick is 26.5" long.

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
Thanks for the info. Mine is 24 in. long. Someone has put in the wrong dip stick. No wonder it wants to blow fluid everywhere!!!! Now I'll just get the correct stick and it'll most likely stop leaking. I have already changed pan gasket, dip stick, speedo, o-rings and modulator valve.


'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!!
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
Just measured the dip stick that I just bought new for my TH 350. It measures 26 1/2 in. Someone posted that the 350 and 400 were different. Now ya'll have me confused again because with the info from "1953panel" saying his 400 stick is 26 1/2in. and my new 350 stick being the same, something just doesn't jive here. So I'm still wondering what is the correct length for these trannies sticks? Maybe the tubes are different and not the length of the sticks. Just wondering.


'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!!
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
Anyone have the correct trans fluid dip stick lengths for a Th 350 and a TH400? I'm getting 26.5 for the 400. 350 length?


'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!!
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
Length of TH350 trans fluid dip stick?


'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!!

Moderated by  Dusty53, SWEET 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0