The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TooMany2count, 1955 1 Series, homer52, UtahYork, J Lucas), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,377
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#781259 09/16/2011 3:15 PM
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 90
K
'Bolter
'Bolter
K Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 90
Can anyone tell me what the difference would be between a 1937 1/2-ton (GC) truck clutch pedal and a 1938 and newer? I believe the 37 has a different PN in the master parts book. I am thinking of converting to the newer clutch setup, but just wondering if I will need a different pedal, or can modify what I have.



1959 Chevrolet 3800 Pickup
1937 Chevrolet GC Panel
Can you still call it a barn find if it's your barn?
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
The 37 link from the pedal to the throw out bearing arm is different in 37 than 38. The 37 used a rod with a nut on it to adjust the clutch and the 38 used a link with a curved rod with two nuts set up to jamb against the throw out bearing arm to adjust it.
You can probably modify the one you have to use the 38 type linkage, but they is a difference between them.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0