| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,627 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 39 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 39 | I'm having trouble finding the small bolts that attach the door window glass frame to the channel that the regulator arms slid in.(4 each) They are 1/4 by 20 and about 5/16" long. I can't find bolts with a small enough (short) head. Any ideas on where to find them? 1949 AD Chevy | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | The originals on my 50 were clutch head ...pic... I needed four more. found some slotted pan head machine screws. 1/4-20 by 1/2 long the head is 7/16 diameter ...pic... ...pic... ...click... You can get then in 5/16 length also A good hardware store should have them Good Luck | | | | | Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 39 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jul 2004 Posts: 39 | I was thinking I needed a lower profile head on the bolt. I bought some from Fastnal but it looks like the head might get in the way. Must have been a dumb question. I'll give them a try asap. Thx for the reply. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2002 Posts: 2,254 | I used button head screws with allen heads that I bought at our local Ace Hardware. I used star washers, too. This works well.
Best of luck
Dennis -there is nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer-
| | |
| |
| |