The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 101 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,619
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
I have a 1962 Chevy PU w/ 261 ci. I want to touch up the green engine and valve cover.

Does anybody know where I can find the high heat green paint that matches the orginal color of the engine ? prefer in pint or quart vs spray can.

thanks in advance !

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
G
.
.
G Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 8,878
Alpine Green or Detroit Diesel green. I buy mine from NAPA. Have noticed color variation from batch to batch over the years so I buy a case at a time now.

Grigg


•1951 GMC 250 in the Project Journals
•1948 Chevrolet 6400 - Detroit Diesel 4-53T - Roadranger 10 speed overdrive - 4 wheel disc brakes
•1952 Chevrolet 3800 pickup
---All pictures---
"First, get a clear notion of what you desire to accomplish, and then in all probability you will succeed in doing it..." -Henry Maudslay-
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Leo Offline
Moderator
Moderator
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,215
Welcome swanbo, I used Plasti-kote alpine green engine enamel #225. Spray bomb for me for such a little job.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 2
Good Info.. thanks a bunch !
Swanbo out !~

Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
L
New Guy
New Guy
L Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 20
Jim Carter still sells the green engine paint

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
I'd now pay the $$$ for quality paint that was posted by bowtietim.

I have not looked through those old 261 posts showing Alpine Green, but I think I recall (as Grigg confirms, above) that Detroit Diesel (and/or maybe John Deere green) were/was similar to the 261 green. Both those colors are available in rattle-can.

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
The John Deere green is way to bright. The Detroit Diesel works good.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0