The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (WICruiser, baldeagle, Peggy M), 214 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,106
Posts1,056,214
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#774537 08/24/2011 3:38 AM
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Hi i got a 57 chevy 3600 pickup. 3/4 ton. 8 lug wheel. It has the 17 in wheels on it with the split rims. i would like to put a more modern wheel on it thats one piece and will take a radial tire. The problem i have is the front drag link seems to hit on anything i have found when your turning. Anybody know of anything i can use besides the original wheels. thanks

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Hi Paul,firstly welcome.
I'm not much help with the bigger trucks.
Mine's just a lil' 1/2 ton! wink

Try posting this in the big bolt section,it'll reach more of the guys 'in the know'.


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 829
I believe Jock meant the Tons of Fun section - the area for 3/4 and 1 ton specific questions.


David Colter
pics * 1954 wrecker * [color:#009900]1948 Chevy 1-Ton[/color]
No act of kindness - no matter how small - is ever wasted ~~ Aesop
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
W
'Bolter
'Bolter
W Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,775
I have some 16's off a Ford van on my 54. There is only about 1/4" of clearnce at the most. I know the Dodge rims have more offset, so they are definately out of the question. I'm not for sure about later model Chevy though. Some guys have had good luck with 16" trailer rims, but I wouldn't invest any money until I knew for sure.


1954 3600 Chevy Truck
"The Fake Truck"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Originally Posted by 54TOW
I believe Jock meant the Tons of Fun section - the area for 3/4 and 1 ton specific questions.

See!, I told you I didn't know much about them! blush

Thanks for the correction Dave.....


1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0