| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (RLB, Rusty Heaps),
88
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,143 Posts1,056,494 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 12 | Hello, new member here: https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=767373#Post767373Anyway, is there a company that sells replacement sheet metal floors? I have a couple rust-through spots right where the left foot would rest if someone would be driving it. I don't have any pics, as the rig is sitting at a friends house in another city. Any companies out there that supply replacement sheet metal/ patch panels for these big rigs? Thank you -Dan
1946 Chevy 2-Ton COE
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 93 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2009 Posts: 93 | You can try Jim Carters classic trucks. That's where I got alot of my 47 2-tons parts. http://www.oldchevytrucks.com/Support/Catalog.phpCould just make a partial floor pan like I did. Mine was really only bad up front so I cut it half out and fabbed me a new one. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 12 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 12 | My rig is a 46, would that make a difference?
1946 Chevy 2-Ton COE
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2010 Posts: 476 | On my 46 COE I had all the rusted out sheet metal fabracated at a sheet metal shop. I would think they would be hard to find. You can look at Bill Marlows 46 COE pics in the Gallery. You do realize there are 2 plywood inserts in the floor,one on each side. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 Camp Commandant | | Camp Commandant Joined: Nov 2000 Posts: 1,399 | Hello Dan and congrats on the COE purchase. As far as I know, no one is making and selling replacement floor parts for these trucks. Mine had a little rust through in the same area on the passenger side. The guy who helped me with the body work just fabbed some sheet metal to replace the rusted stuff. Not real difficult. I am currently working on the floor pans on my '59 GMC and it is not real difficult with some basic tools and some sheet metal. I wish I had done the reapir on my COE as I think I could have done a better job. Let us know when you get it home and take lots of pictures. We love pics!
| | |
| |
| |