The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (Otto Skorzeny, DHedrick), 128 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,088
Posts1,056,408
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Hi Guys

I'm having trouble ordering hubcaps for my 58' Chevy with 8lug differentials,

Can anyone direct me to a site where you can order these, the LMC site is not that clear for what truck the caps are for.

I live in Namibia and returning parts can be problematic.

I have a 58chevy pickup step side longed. With 8lug rims or floating differentials at the back


Christo


C Loubser

43 Ford CMP 4x4
48 Ford F1
41 CCKW 2 1/2 ton GMC 6x6
57 Land Rover series 1
59 Mercedes 220s
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
They are not being reproduced to my knowledge. I looked for them for my '59 3/4 ton (8 lugs)and I could only find a few beat up and rusty originals. I went with new aluminum wheels. I've seen a few on Ebay from time to time but none in good shape. All I can say is GOOD LUCK!

Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
What's the issue? The hub sticks out too far or the diameter of the clips? If it is the hub, then just have a machine shop cut a hole in reproduction caps. If it is the diameter of the clips, then I don't have an answer.

I bet your truck gets a lot of attention in Namibia!

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
C
New Guy
New Guy
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 9
Well at the moment both is standing, restoring one converting the other.

How would you go about machining those hubcaps.


C Loubser

43 Ford CMP 4x4
48 Ford F1
41 CCKW 2 1/2 ton GMC 6x6
57 Land Rover series 1
59 Mercedes 220s
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9,671
My take is jomichael is talking about cutting a hole in the center of the hub cap so the hub can poke thru it Christo. That would work to cover up the nuts but not the best answer if restoration is your goal.

The Filling Station lists 1957-60 3/4 & 1 ton truck part number L-315. Take a breath now, $70 each/$240 set of 4.

Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 946
Ouch on price! That hole is looking pretty nice, huh? That's what the factory did with the front hub caps on NAPCO 4x4's.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0