| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
120
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,474 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | I want Bendex brakes. I have a 41 1/2 ton. I just got done removing the rivets that hold on the backing plates to the rear end. I got me a '55 1/2 ton rear end that I'm gonna put those backing plates onto my '41 so I can have bendex brakes. It's kinda late to ask now, but does any one see a problem with what I'm doing? | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 Master Gabster | | Master Gabster Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 4,983 | Yeah, why didn't you just use the entire 55 rear end? Was it because of lug spacing? 
~Jim
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | The '55 has a total wheel base that is too wide for me. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Bump. I need an answer, thanks. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 874 | You may run into different offsets with drums and backing plates and possibly need to space something out or in to get the new drum to sit even with the axle flange. I am just speculating and don't have direct experience with your application, but those are some issues I've run into with rear brakes on medium duty trucks.
Let us know how you make out. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | I don't know about doing a '41, but I did a '50 without much problem. Did resize some mounting holes to a larger diameter. The main thing is to make sure size will fit the rest of whatever you are planning on using such as drum diameter and width,wheels,spacing.
Drew
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Thanks for the heads up. If it don't work out I guess I'll be posting into the "stovebolt blunders" thread. | | |
| |
| |