The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Southerntruck, CandoBrent, 2-Ton, 59 fleet, MikeE), 127 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,661
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
5
New Guy
New Guy
5 Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 24
Hi all,
As a new addition to this group I'm probably going to cover old ground again; but my search results didn't seem to deal directly with the problem.
Since rear seats seem to be pretty near unavailable has anyone tried to modify something similar such as a school bus seat for use in the back? Burb seats really are sort of a cross between restaurant seating and lawn furniture. Jeep wagon seats or VW bus seats are similar but just as rare I'm sure. Wise Guys seats have one that looks promising but more money than I would like to spend for something that requires quite a bit of rework.
I really would prefer the original look and I would like ones that are readily removable; but most of you have been at this a lot longer than I have. Are there options? John

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 109
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 109
I see the third row seat from time to time. The middle seat, I hardly ever see. The middle seat is narrower for access to the third row. The third row moves up to second row when that's all it had.

The front seat I hardly ever see either, but I have seen them.

When any of them come up, they go fast. People wanting pictures or asking questions will never get them.

I don't know why someone does not repop them. They are fairly simple in design as far as tubing goes. The mounts would be harder to repop. I heard once of a place/shop that would make them, but was never able to find it again.

If you run across a pile of them, let me know.



Jon S
Las Vegas NV
1966 GMC Suburban 305V6
Psalm 66 "Make a joyful noise"
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a205/gvdobler/0205011645b.jpg
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
G
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
G Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,780
Been discussed before. contact elhippie64 to see if there are any available. Put an ad in the parts wanted in the swap meet section

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
Do what GMONIZ said,elhippie64 makes them,they are really nice.


Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,270

Please do not try to sell a part in this forum. Please use email or a Private Message to make a one-off sale. Or, please place a Part Wanted or Part for Sale ad in the Swap Meet.

I have had to delete two posts in this thread in the past two weeks.

For those of you who do not know the rule or why there is this rule: a private sale is only of interest to the two people involved. This forum (and all non Swap Meet fora) have this rule. The posts in this forum stay around for a long time. Information about a one-off private sale is of no use to future readers.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=246053#Post246053

Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
P
New Guy
New Guy
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 15
How do you get a hold of elhippie64. Wouldnt mind gettin me some good lookin Original lookin seats made

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,557
You can send him a private message or email him. elhippie64
I believe he only makes the 1947-1959 rear seats.


Tim


1951 3100 Chevrolet
1951 Chevrolet Suburban Carryall
Image
"A house is built with boards and beams. A home is built with love and dreams."
"Look deep before you leap !!!" / "Everything is Everything"
"If I say a mouse can pull a house, hitch him up"
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 112
O
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 112

Theres a guy in Phoenix Az. that makes the frames only that are covered with foam pads instead of the original spring cushions. His name is Mark Turrell and his phone no. is 602-315-2551
He makes all three seat frames. The middle seat runs about $500. and the rear seat about $650. Give him a call. I hear he does nice work. Haven't used him yet, but plan to buy a middle seat from him in the near future.


Moderated by  MNSmith, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0