The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (BCBill, Gdads51, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 133 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,175
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#766026 07/27/2011 3:01 PM
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
Does anyone know of a kit to convert from lever shock to coil shocks, that just consists of the mounting brackets? I found this one, http://secure.oldchevytrucks.com/SHOCK-ABSORBER-CONVERSION-KIT-1936-1949-1_2TON/productinfo/HP590/ but I figure I could probably save some money by buying the shocks separately from somewhere else. Also I only need the fronts, I already have tube shocks for the rear.


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton, 12 volt, 350/350th
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
That same vendor sells brackets separately....See here:

http://secure.oldchevytrucks.com/Shock-Mounts/products/575/




1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by Curt B.
That same vendor sells brackets separately....See here:

http://secure.oldchevytrucks.com/Shock-Mounts/products/575/

Thanks, but I have a 1940. I don't think those will work.


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton, 12 volt, 350/350th
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 457
I would like to convert to tube shocks also, those single action lever jobs don't cut it! But, everything I have seen is a do-it-yourself fabrication. May have to go that way, but hope some more folks will respond with how they have done it............?


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC"
A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
I made my own brackets for the frame and reversed the axle mounts right to left on my 4t6. I don't how well it will work as it's still taking up residence in the garage. Some pics start here. May give you some ideas. Have fun and good luck
Dan

Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2011
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by Chev4t6
I made my own brackets for the frame and reversed the axle mounts right to left on my 4t6. I don't how well it will work as it's still taking up residence in the garage. Some pics start here. May give you some ideas. Have fun and good luck
Dan


Let me know how they work out for you, thanks!


1940 Chevy 1/2 ton, 12 volt, 350/350th

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0