| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gray_Ghost, RoseB),
153
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,089 Posts1,056,141 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 106 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 106 | Does anyone know of a kit to convert from lever shock to coil shocks, that just consists of the mounting brackets? I found this one, http://secure.oldchevytrucks.com/SHOCK-ABSORBER-CONVERSION-KIT-1936-1949-1_2TON/productinfo/HP590/ but I figure I could probably save some money by buying the shocks separately from somewhere else. Also I only need the fronts, I already have tube shocks for the rear.
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton, 12 volt, 350/350th
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 |
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 106 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 106 | Thanks, but I have a 1940. I don't think those will work.
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton, 12 volt, 350/350th
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | I would like to convert to tube shocks also, those single action lever jobs don't cut it! But, everything I have seen is a do-it-yourself fabrication. May have to go that way, but hope some more folks will respond with how they have done it............?
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 | I made my own brackets for the frame and reversed the axle mounts right to left on my 4t6. I don't how well it will work as it's still taking up residence in the garage. Some pics start here. May give you some ideas. Have fun and good luck Dan | | | | | Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 106 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2011 Posts: 106 | I made my own brackets for the frame and reversed the axle mounts right to left on my 4t6. I don't how well it will work as it's still taking up residence in the garage. Some pics start here. May give you some ideas. Have fun and good luck Dan Let me know how they work out for you, thanks!
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton, 12 volt, 350/350th
| | |
| |
| |