| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (55shaker, cmayna, Gdads51, walter74, greenie-reddy, Peggy M, Otto Skorzeny),
184
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,282 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 426 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 426 | I currently have a spare tire conversion that I did on the drivers side. Pretty simple conversion. My goal is to install a spare tire on the passenger side of the truck also. I have gotten a 2nd carrier which is the OEM piece so they'll match, but any ideas on trying to match the fender tubs? I have never seen anybody do this on the 60-66 body style, but think it'll look pretty neat. Any ideas? I realize that this was never a factory option, but has anybody seen a conversion from the factory that was on the passenger side? I know the long beds sit low on the drivers side and the short beds sit high.
Last edited by jon1963; 08/03/2011 8:36 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,262 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,262 | Here is a photo of a truck bed that has dual fender mount spare tires. Looks too busy to me, but to each their own.  I think the factory never did this because it makes the advantage of having the front steps, access to pulling parts out of the bed, pretty much useless. http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/46688/2980646490103882008S600x600Q85.jpg
Last edited by Hot Rod John; 08/04/2011 2:07 AM.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 426 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 426 | Yeah, does look kinda busy......ill have to decide what to do now. Thanks for the pic. | | |
| |
| |