The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (GDW, Gdads51, ‘37ChevyPU, Shaffer's1950), 119 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,139
Posts1,056,455
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#764913 07/23/2011 8:09 PM
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
Rained all morning, but was in the garage, put on some muddy Waters (appro.) and my nephew and I hung the doors. Glad thats out of the way, been worried that I'd scratch them or bang into them while moving aroung in the garage.

See here
http://rides.webshots.com/album/579894970vydbSl?start=96

Jake

Last edited by V-6 Fix Modelman; 07/23/2011 8:09 PM.

1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
That looks great.
And I like the color.
I'm doing honey do's this weekend.

Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
nice lookin' ride! I like how you've two-toned the cab - dark color on the roof, hmmmm.... gives me an idea... smile

Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
The dark color on the roof is OEM, looks killer in a dark and light green too.

Last edited by V-6 Fix Modelman; 07/24/2011 9:58 PM.

1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 438
so many paint options .... well, it looks really good. smile

(Don't know how, or if, I will ever decide what I want my '61 truck to look like. headscratch)

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
K
New Guy
New Guy
K Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 43
Did you make that gauge panel? Would love to get my hands on one if possible. Looks awesome!


62' GMC SWB Fleetside

Why can't we just go back to the designs from when cars were unique and didn't all look the same?
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2001
Posts: 1,181
HUsker,

It took me about 4 years to decide what colors I wanted. I was torn between red and white (too many guys have that) and green and white, I have an old ad that looks beautiful. What made me choose was the fact that according to some writings I found. I understand that the Canyon Blue and Olympic White is the most rare color combo that GMC produced, I don't know why but they said it was. So I decided to go with something a little on the rarer side. This will go well with all the bells and whistles I will add.


Keilkravec
The gauge was made by a local guy. I can get one for you, ran me $100.00 about 1/4" thick. He lives in Mississippi just aboout 20 miles away.

IF you want send me your pattern and I stop by his shop to get you a solid price. What I did was draw out exactly what I wanted using the new gauges and made a wooden templet as a master put it in place to mnake sure I was happy with te fit and look. Took the dash piece and the templet with teh new gauges to his shop and he could see everything. Had the part the next day.


Last edited by V-6 Fix Modelman; 07/30/2011 2:55 AM.

1960 GMC 305A V-6 Gallery Page
Remember, the government cannot give --anything to anyone --that they have not first taken away from someone else.
BUY AMERICAN http://www.stillmadeinusa.com/index.html

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0