| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,083 Posts1,056,331 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 64 | Since its been too many years since I took the radiator off, I can't remember the order of bracket and pads (there are apparently two of them) and front cross member when re-assembling. I am guessing that the large head carriage bolt goes thru the radiator bracket since it has the square holes, with one or both of the rectangular rubber support pads between it and the cross member? Yes/No???? All help appreciated. I went to look at a 1941 1/2 ton GMC parts truck of a friend and everything about it and the radiator was different from mine. Ron
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
1941 AL 3/4 ton 125-1/4 WB, bought by my Great Uncle Matt in 1942. Still in the family.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 | Ron, my 46 had 2 rubber pads between the crossmember and radiator frame. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 64 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Jan 2003 Posts: 64 | Thanks, thats how I will go. I guess i was only wondering why two pads instead of one thicker one.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison
1941 AL 3/4 ton 125-1/4 WB, bought by my Great Uncle Matt in 1942. Still in the family.
| | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 252 | I also found out the replacement rubber is not as thick as the original, I messed around with some spare rubber pads I had laying around to create the same thickness so everything would line up correctly. | | |
| |
| |