| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
139
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 78 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 78 | I want to paint the running boards on my 1953 3100 restoration. I have decided on black but want to find our whether it should be gloss or semi-gloss. Gloss tends to show dirt easier. I'm also painting the Chevrolet emblem on the tail gate in gloss black and was thinking it should match. The truck is painted in Transport blue. Any suggestions? Thanks.
1953 3100 Chevy 5 window 1971 Chevelle SS
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,270 | Semi-gloss black on the running boards is what I use.
In 1953, the tail gate (and lettering on it) was entirely painted the body color.
Paint it the way that suits your tastes.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | I'm with Tim on this, semi-gloss black on the running boards and the letters are body color, but it's your truck and in nineteen and fifty three you might have though that it would have looked better with the letters painted black so I would concider that period correct if not factory correct.
Denny Graham Sandwich, IL
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | |
| |
| |