The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Otto Skorzeny, 52Carl, RLB, baldeagle), 85 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,714
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#763361 07/18/2011 12:57 AM
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 43
I have torn down a 350 Chevy (1976) w/ a 2 bolt main that I was going to rebuild, but the guy at a local machine shop said that Chevy used a lot of 'junk' parts for years 1974-1985 and it may require new connecting rods and getting the crank turned. The balancing and blueprinting plus all the normal other items would cost $2,500 to $3,000. (I don't know if this included him doing the whole assembly, but for that price I think he should.) Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge of Chevy 'junk' being used fot those years? BTW...he included the heads being re-condition.
Maybe I should just sell this engine and get another? I saw a 283 and a 327 in my area that are already rebuilt for around $1,500 each. Thanks, Janine

Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
You can get a brand new 350 engine with a warranty from a Chevy dealer for under $2000.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0