| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,717 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#76213 04/11/2007 4:57 AM | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 125 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 125 | I've asked about cleaning my rocker arms here before, but now that I've done that and I have the new 9/16" freeze plugs, what's the best way to install them? They are a very tight fit do I use something and punch them in from the center or try to use the outer rim to punch them in. They look like a bowl and fit about 1/4" down the shaft. I have a 51 GMC 1/2 ton with a 228 engine. The rocker shaft is one piece. Any suggestions. | | |
#76214 04/11/2007 12:22 PM | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 275 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 275 | I have used a deep socket that will fit inside the plug as a driver before. I really think either way you mention should work. Doug | | |
| |
| |