The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Rusty Rod), 80 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#76213 04/11/2007 4:57 AM
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 125
I've asked about cleaning my rocker arms here before, but now that I've done that and I have the new 9/16" freeze plugs, what's the best way to install them? They are a very tight fit do I use something and punch them in from the center or try to use the outer rim to punch them in. They look like a bowl and fit about 1/4" down the shaft. I have a 51 GMC 1/2 ton with a 228 engine. The rocker shaft is one piece. Any suggestions.

#76214 04/11/2007 12:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 275
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 275
I have used a deep socket that will fit inside the plug as a driver before. I really think either way you mention should work. Doug


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0