Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (‘37ChevyPU, Hotrod Lincoln, Otto Skorzeny, CuzzFuzz, Shaffer's1950, SlimSix, TrknGMC, 1 invisible),
81
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,451 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 63 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 63 | Well, fellow bolters, it sure was a good day yesterday: I decided I was going to drive around looking for a potential donor AD. I was looking in particular for a three speed transmission cross member for our '53 and some door hardware for a friend of mine. Drove past the scrap yard: closed. Kept going and just up ahead I drove by this little flower shop where they had an old 1/2 ton '53 parked on the back. The owner just happened to be outside when I stopped by. Now, if you are like me, you just can't resist the urge to stop and take a look anytime you happen to spot an old Chevy truck, regardless of the shape it might be in. I greeted the guy and asked him if he didn't mind if I took a look. The truck happens to be a project truck, but -he explained, showing me what looked like a '94 chevy- this is the donor truck. He told me he is planning on mounting the body of the '53 on the '94's frame. I jumped at the chance and asked him if he would sell parts from what's going to be left from the drivetrain he was going to discard. He said he will let me have it for $300.00. So, for that price I am going to get the frame, , the three on the tree, the shift box, steering column, rear bumper and braces (which I had forgotten our '53 does not have) all four tire wheels, which are in better shape than the ones our '53 has, the engine and a Rochester carb. Now i have no idea what kind of engine is it, but I can tell it isn't the original one. Not bad for a 5 minute drive, is it?
Charlie | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 438 | That's an amazing find!!  Marvelously done! | | | | | Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 63 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2011 Posts: 63 | Forgot to mention, the frame also comes with both complete front and rear axles. I'll probably be listing some of these parts in the swap meet section. Charlie. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jul 2011 Posts: 20 | Wow you got one sweet deal | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Great find. You never know unless you ask. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 306 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2011 Posts: 306 | so true cletis and you never know unless you stop i 've looking for a 68-74 8 lug rearend for my 53 3/4ton forever i've been driving by a small wrecking yard in de leon tx every other week for a year on the way to work. couple of weeks ago i finally stopped and asked they had two!!
1963 c10 | | | | | Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 Socket Breaker | | Socket Breaker Joined: Feb 2002 Posts: 2,893 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 14 | Good for you, I'm jealous!!
Damon | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 7 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: May 2005 Posts: 7 | I'm looking for a list of stovebolt graveyards that part out..I saw one on here a LONG time ago ..i think it was up north some where. if anybody has some good ones please let me know .
"the red things just hold up my halo"
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 1,847 | | | |
| |