The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Nick in Manitou, CuzzFuzz, Tronman), 115 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,080
Posts1,056,314
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 51
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 51
Working on my task force door to repair rust damage. I cut out a section of the inner door that had significant pitting and pin holes. The outer skin and lip look good with the exception of a dime sized area with pin holes. I welded up the pin holes. Would like to use a POR 15 or something similar to coat the inside of the skin before installing the inner patch. Will this hold up? Please advise.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 166
I'm no expert but I'd say yes, should be fine. I brushed on epoxy primer nice and thick on the inside of mine.
Darren

Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
S
Cruising in the Passing Lane
Cruising in the Passing Lane
S Offline
Joined: Jul 2001
Posts: 3,887
ditto on that, but also make sure the drain holes are clear at the bottom - the reason the doors rust in the first place is those drains get plugged with dirt and then water getting in around the window turns it to corrosive sludge

Bill


Moved over to the Passing Lane

"When we tug a single thing in nature we find it attached to the rest of the world" John Muir
"When we tug a single thing on an old truck, we find it falls off" me
Some TF series details & TF heater pics & Rust-a-holics Unanimous parking lot
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 51
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 51
Thanks for the response. I have a little work left to do to fill those pin holes. Shined a light and could see some tiny holes. Also, raising that pinched lip is a bugger.

Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 785
This little jewel here will help to open up the flange.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...20Restoration%20Album%202/Picture585.jpg

I find that once the jaws on Vice grips start to wear, they make an excellent starting point for specialized tools.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...20Restoration%20Album%202/Picture586.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y1...20Restoration%20Album%202/Picture587.jpg



Making these and where I used them can be seen here....


55 Chevy Wagon Tailgate Repair

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Speaking of metal repair and southern md. Maybe I should come by for a consultation. And maybe I should bring by my tailgate (62 C-10)? California MD.
Welcome to Stovebolt.
HB


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0