The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Otto Skorzeny, jmoore, Hotrod Lincoln, Bill Hanlon, Ponchogl), 127 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,105
Posts1,056,209
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#758428 06/29/2011 4:52 AM
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
Members:
I disconnected my parking brake to bleed my new brake system. I painted and re-installed parking brake Parts ( rod and bars). Now the brake will not stay on...I push with my foot but the pinch bar doesn't grab the curved bar that goes thru the fire wall/floor ? I have no clue why ? Any suggestions..I did add floor pad and carpet,but I checked to make sure it wasn't binding...
Thanks


1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"True victory is victory over one's self."
Krav Maga isn't pretty ... but it works just fine.


Jimmi V.
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
B
Master Gabster
Master Gabster
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,983
It's a pretty simple set-up there. You being there with eyes on it would be best to figure it out what it's doing unless someone here can relate. I would pull the carpet etc. back and see if that helps. Also check your spring.


~Jim
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,750
Jimmi, I too have had similar problems.
Painting the radiused brake arm seemed to aggravate the problem for me.
The flat 'pinch bar' can be sharpened up with a file to give more bite as well(that obviously requires removing it again)
These wear over the decades and loose their edge.
I also stretched the spring a little to give more pre-load on the flat bar.

Our annual inspection over here demands a working park brake,so mine will have to work......gulp!

Might be worth a try

Last edited by jockbolter50; 07/01/2011 1:56 AM.

1950 Chevy Advance Design 3100 in Scotland
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Flickr.
I've definately got this truck thing in my blood ... my DNA sequence has torque settings
"Of all the small nations of this earth,perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind" Winston Churchill.
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 368
I'll give it a try..Thanks


1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"True victory is victory over one's self."
Krav Maga isn't pretty ... but it works just fine.


Jimmi V.

Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0