The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (TooMany2count, 1955 1 Series, homer52, UtahYork, J Lucas), 90 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,377
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 88
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 88
I've ordered rear shocks for my standard half ton and twice they've been too short. I measure 24 inches from the lower mount to the upper mount center to center with the rear diff off the ground. Is this the correct distance or is my my truck messed up?

Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 304
I've got 20 3/8" hooking tape on top mount to center of stud on bottom. I have a '52 3100(1/2 ton). Nothing in bed, sitting on the ground, not "jacked up". LMC part #34-2401


'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!!
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 88
A
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
A Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 88
Thanks Panhead. I'll recheck my measures but I think the bottom shock studs are bolted to the wrong side of the axle. They should be in front of the axle, not behind it.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
Monroe 33049 fit my unmodified '52 1/2 ton and have seen the same number come up several times over the years from others. Getting them from a FLAPS rather than a usual suspect old truck parts vendor should be cheaper.



1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 111
Curt
Does the Monroe shocks you mentioned have a post or hole for a bolt on the bottom? I want to use tube shocks on my '48 instead of the knee action ones, and the mounts I have require a post on the bottom, but anything can be modified.

Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,513
Originally Posted by bowtiefan
Curt
Does the Monroe shocks you mentioned have a post or hole for a bolt on the bottom? I want to use tube shocks on my '48 instead of the knee action ones, and the mounts I have require a post on the bottom, but anything can be modified.

Yup. The lower mount looks like this:


http://secure.oldchevytrucks.com/SHOCK-MOUNT-LOWER-REAR-1950-1955/productinfo/MES135/

And the top one for reference:

http://secure.oldchevytrucks.com/SHOCK-MOUNT-UPPER-1950-1955/productinfo/MES134/




1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod
You Tube

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0