| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,090 Posts1,056,382 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 88 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 88 | I've ordered rear shocks for my standard half ton and twice they've been too short. I measure 24 inches from the lower mount to the upper mount center to center with the rear diff off the ground. Is this the correct distance or is my my truck messed up? | | | | | Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 304 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2010 Posts: 304 | I've got 20 3/8" hooking tape on top mount to center of stud on bottom. I have a '52 3100(1/2 ton). Nothing in bed, sitting on the ground, not "jacked up". LMC part #34-2401
'52 3100 "once a Marine, always a Marine!! | | | | | Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 88 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Aug 2008 Posts: 88 | Thanks Panhead. I'll recheck my measures but I think the bottom shock studs are bolted to the wrong side of the axle. They should be in front of the axle, not behind it. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2005 Posts: 1,513 | Monroe 33049 fit my unmodified '52 1/2 ton and have seen the same number come up several times over the years from others. Getting them from a FLAPS rather than a usual suspect old truck parts vendor should be cheaper.
1952 1300 Canadian 1/2 ton restomod You Tube | | | | | Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 111 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Oct 2010 Posts: 111 | Curt Does the Monroe shocks you mentioned have a post or hole for a bolt on the bottom? I want to use tube shocks on my '48 instead of the knee action ones, and the mounts I have require a post on the bottom, but anything can be modified. | | |
| |
| |