| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,262 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#75719 03/30/2007 5:23 PM | Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 43 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jan 2004 Posts: 43 | Here I go again. I thought I'd try a 2004r behind my 62/261 truck, but I returned the trans, it was rotten inside (water). I looked iver that project and decided to simplify things a little. Now I have a line in a 93 t5 (1352-216)and with my 3.38 rear and a .86 OD. it sould be pretty good. Am I wrong in assuming that this trans will only require the same massaging as the 83-87 t5's? Its reasonable enough in price and it's a WC? so I can afford to get a speed adapter for it. This will also cure the error created when I went from 3.90 to 3.38. What do you think? | | |
#75720 03/30/2007 10:03 PM | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 Riding in the Passing Lane | | Riding in the Passing Lane Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 8,597 | Sounds ideal too me. I,ve got one in my 58 & had one in a 55. A guy might consider a set of custom gauges. They say money can't buy happiness. It can buy old Chevy trucks though. Same thing. 1972 Chevy c10 Cheyenne SuperIn the Gallery Forum | | |
#75721 04/02/2007 12:59 AM | Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2005 Posts: 887 | I think the only problem you may run into is that at some point the T-5s went to electronic speedos, I think '88. If you use a later tranny you would have to use aftermarket guages or spend $200 - $300 dollars for an electrical-mechanical conversion unit.
'51 Chevy 1/2 ton w/'62 261, HEI, offy, fentons, dual carter/webbers, t-5 & 12 bolt posi
| | |
| |
| |