The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,172
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
I am working on a 59 fleet option gmc half ton. I have always wanted a straight axle 55 two door, but I dont have the room with all the other projects I have so I am going to build a gasser style truck. I am building a 283 with vortec heads, a weiand 144 supercharger and a big doug herbert hydraulic roller cam mated to a muncie 4 speed. wheel vinteques gasser wheels up front and chrome steel wheels out back. my front fenders are rotten so I am replacing them with fiberglass fenders and keeping the single headlights.

Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 487
I think that'll be interesting and unique.

I don't intend to dis your plan at all,
but when you said gasser style for your 59,
I immediately pictured a blown 292 with zoomies.
Which I think would also be cool.

Its all good.

regards,
Leon

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
honestly i really wanted to build a blown 302 jimmy, but after a lead on an engine fell through and after pricing parts to supercharge my 270 I just figured it would be cheaper to go with the 283 that i have just laying around in my way. I will keep the 270 and might do something with it later.

Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
M
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
M Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 55
well a .060 over 283 is 292 ci. but i get the feeling thats not the 292 you were thinkin of lol


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0