The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
6 members (klhansen, tclederman, KEVINSKI, Swami29, StevenO, 55shaker), 107 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,114
Posts1,056,605
Members48,448
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 57
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 57
Hi fellas,
just replaced my blown out crusty old cab to frame bushings with new polyurethane ones. does anyone know the torque spec? I couldn't find it anywhere so cranked them down to 40 pounds. Hope I am in the ballpark. Would polyurethane demand/handle a higher torque setting? I don't want to blow them out or shorten their life by over tightening them. When I say cab to frame bushings I am talking about the four rubber donuts that the cab sits on. thanks much in advance!!!


1966 Chevy C-20 Fleetside Longbed
In the Gallery
Photobucket pictures

"Better get busy livin' or get busy dying" ~ ...Morgan Freeman
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,262
Were yours supplied with self locking nylock nuts? Torque values typically aren't given for those since the bulk of the torque is due to the locking nature of the nuts.

Last edited by Hot Rod John; 06/15/2011 1:04 PM.

In the Stovebolt Gallery ~~ "The Orange Crate" 1965 C10 SWB Step Side Build Thread

Inspired to be different. Different in a way of my own, not in a way that others strive.
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 38
B
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 38
You should have spacers between the upper and lower large steel washers. The spacer is what sets the load on the bushings, not the torque of the bolt. If there are no spacers I would look into getting them.

As for nyloc nuts the torque specs are the same. The nylon does not change the torque spec of the bolt to any large degree. Torque specs on 1/2 inch bolts is around 90 foot pounds.


The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 57
T
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
T Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 57
Thanks guys,
Yes, they came with nylon nuts. I purchased the kit from LMC trucks, it was the polyurethane kit as opposed to the stock oem rubber kit.
I don't know what you mean budman when you talk of spacers. Basically the cab sits on a polyurethane bushing (donut) then washer, then frame, the polyurethane donut, then washer then nylon nut.
Any more suggestions??? I hope the 40 foot pounds is okay. I drive the truck daily, have hit many a big bump, and they look like they haven't moved at all.
Thanks again for your help!


1966 Chevy C-20 Fleetside Longbed
In the Gallery
Photobucket pictures

"Better get busy livin' or get busy dying" ~ ...Morgan Freeman

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0