| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,081 Posts1,056,321 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | I got some 15" rims, 10" wide. I want to price some street tires. Can't figure what size nomenclature I'm looking for so I can price them on the internet. What size am I looking for? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 188 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 188 | you could run 255x60's or 275x60's or go to 295x50's. Depends how tall you wanna go and how much room you have in the wheel well. 255's are 27" tall 275's are 28" tall 295's are 26.5" tall If you want a taller tire you might find a 285x70 which is 30.5" tall. Search on tirerack.com to compare. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Thanks, that helps me alot. I'm not running any fenders. These are going on the rears. Now the next question. I want belted tires with maybe a 1 inch whitewall. I guess I'm looking at a 275/60 x 15". Do they make them in that size? If so, where? | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 188 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 188 | Now you're reachin'. LOL!! That could be a tall order. Mickey thompson still makes belted tires but not likely with a 1" whitewall. If you go radial then dbtires. com will have what you want. Or look on ebay. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 553 | Thanks alot. That catalog is great. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 188 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 188 | Also try coker tire. They have a BFG vintage bias ply in L78x15. Has a 1" WW available. About 29" tall. Your rim might be a little wide for them but they'll work. | | | | | Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: May 2006 Posts: 8,351 | 10" wheels will be way too wide for an L78 (235/75/15 modern equivalent). The widest available whitewall is the BFG Silvertown from Coker in a 255/70/15, but it's a wide whitewall.
Bill Burmeister | | | | | Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2004 Posts: 888 | Diamondback Tires Maybe something from here will work. They seem to be consistant with others pricing. I plan on purchasing my 4t6 wide whites from them. Have fun and good luck Dan | | |
| |
| |