The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (66flea, Chris's 46 / 515, TUTS 59), 120 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,091
Posts1,056,445
Members48,443
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#751057 06/01/2011 1:57 AM
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
R
RAK
Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
Now that I'm spending time in Oregon I need the heater to work better. It blows OK but not too hot what should I be checking? I think the heater core is new? Thanks

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
First question is this- Do you know how to use it?
Second question is, how many levers does it have? 2 or 4?
A decent 4 lever heater (deluxe) or a 2 lever(recirculating) should blast you right out of there on a cold day. But if the levers aren't in the right positions, then you're just movin' air. Here's another spot where an owner's manual would have you way ahead of the game.

Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
R
RAK
Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
4 levers- Heat/air/fan/defrost.I have an owner's manual. Now what?

Joined: May 2009
Posts: 47
H
New Guy
New Guy
H Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 47
check your antifreeze for starters. If its old you wont get heat

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
J
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
J Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 698
Have you felt the heater hoses to see if they are hot? That will tell you real quick if you are getting flow to the heater.


My Fleet:
1941
1953
1959
1965
1966
1953 Willy's Pickup

John

Vegetarian- old Indian word for bad hunter
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
R
RAK
Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 192
Good ideas! I do have heat flow it's just not hot.I'll check both items.Thanks

Last edited by RAK; 06/02/2011 12:07 AM.

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0