The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Hugh63c10), 88 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,130
Posts1,056,720
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#75019 03/18/2007 11:37 PM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 43
T
Junior Member
Junior Member
T Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 43
Hi again! Been awhile. Thanks for all the accurate advice these past 3 or so years! I finished tan 62 in June, drove it the summer, took it to Autorama Houston during Thanksgiving (won 3rd in conservative trucks 57-72!) and now I'm thinking about some mods where I can make them and still be able to go back stock when it suits me. Has anyone put a 700r4 behind a 261 in a lwb truck with torsion bars? I would like to try this, with the shifter through the floor (I'll find a second trans cover, pedal mount, maybe go to a modern master cylinder for my drums) Thanks for your help again, you folks helped me put together a great truck! Bill.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 187
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 187
I once put an Olds 350 with automatic in a 62 lwb,worked just fine.But if you want to use a 700r4 with your 261 you will have to get an adapter kit because it will not bolt up.
-----------------
Floyd


_____________
Floyd

If we choose being kind over being right,we will
be right every time.
Knowledge is a poor substitute for experience.
Remember what is precious to another, may not be to you, but it
is precious nonetheless.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 920
The "hump" in the torsion bar crossmember might cause some interference. Not sure about the tranny you speak of, but when I added the O.D. to my stock 4sp, that was an issue. I had to remove it, shave an 1 1/2" off the top in the center, and have it reinforced. A local welder skilled in chassis work did it for $50.00.


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0