The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (klhansen, fonz8261, Shaffer's1950, Eileen, Uncles51, Rusty Heaps, 50Chevy3100), 87 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,079
Posts1,056,295
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 42
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 42
Ive seen a few pictures online with them, seems a few peps has figured out something that works. also sid from dropaxles sells one that he has figured out that works.

anyone has part#'s for the tie rod ends and sleeve???

looking to buy at local parts store like napa

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
I made one for my 37. It was the only way I could "center up" the working parts of my front end. It works great. You should be able to walk into your local FLAPS and buy two tie rod ends for your 55. You will most likely have to make a rod to use between them. I went to the wrecking yard and got a full length tie rod, cut out the center and welded it back to gether. That was easier for me than finding a die to thread on end of a cut down one, although that may be the best way to do it if you can find the right size die. I never could find one. If Moog works for you, the right side is ES 29R and the left is 29L. I also show ES 30 L as a left one. That should be enough info to get you started. Good luck!


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 42
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by 6cylindersovertexas
I made one for my 37. It was the only way I could "center up" the working parts of my front end. It works great. You should be able to walk into your local FLAPS and buy two tie rod ends for your 55. You will most likely have to make a rod to use between them. I went to the wrecking yard and got a full length tie rod, cut out the center and welded it back to gether. That was easier for me than finding a die to thread on end of a cut down one, although that may be the best way to do it if you can find the right size die. I never could find one. If Moog works for you, the right side is ES 29R and the left is 29L. I also show ES 30 L as a left one. That should be enough info to get you started. Good luck!

I have that Moog set in my garage, the taper is to small that wont work.

someone email me from another forum said to use ford ends, but he did not mention years.

my tie rod has ford ends , but im looking to do my "drag link", what it needs is a thick tapper on the ends.

Last edited by fleetsidebed5859; 05/21/2011 7:00 PM.

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0