The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (BCBill, Gdads51, Lightholder's Dad, joe apple, Hawkman, greenie-reddy, TUTS 59), 190 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,176
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#748178 05/19/2011 4:19 AM
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
So my engine did not have this, and while ordering my motor mounts, noticed them for sale. I bought the heat valve spring as well as the anti-rattle spring. My question is do they both go onto the end of the flapper, or is the anti-rattle spring even needed. i could only get one spring on, so i only replaced one. A photo would be awesome. or any advice. The shop manual wasn't much help. I may be overthinking a very simple item, but just wanted to double check.

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,096
I just sent you a couple of pics , they are a bit big , I hope your email can handle it ok. Regards.

Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
A
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
A Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 544
Thanks. After I went back out, I looked a second time, and found a piece of the old broken spring that was more or less fused to the shaft. a little filing broke its tether and both are now installed and functioning. Thanks

Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33
B
New Guy
New Guy
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33
I checked the heat valve on my 65 283 after reading your disscusion, it is free and manually flips up and down, but it stays down even when its hot (need new springs I guess). Does this mean that the exhaust air continually heats the intake? Can this cause overheating? Also, I have noticed that my passenger side tail pipe (dual exhaust) is always cooler than my driver side tail pipe. Does that have something to do whith the heat spring valve being on the passenger side?

Bullhead


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0