The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Gray_Ghost, Red75bronco, Shaffer's1950, wvstovebolt, Cosmo), 83 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,129
Posts1,056,697
Members48,454
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#747320 05/15/2011 11:40 PM
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
I removed the rear backrest from my 1946 2 ton truck and this jumped out at me. It says inside an oblong box, Genuine Chevrolet Govenor, The Chevrolet enclosed within the Chevrolet BowTie.Second line in this box says Handi"Vari-Speed"
Below this oblong box it says MOD.V5s 141
Manufactured by
KING-SEELEY CORP
ANN ARBOR MICH.U.S.A.
Below this is a list of patent numbers.

Another spot shows a VHT 9 46 stamp

Another stamped number shows a 3664924

Do I have something worthwhile here or should I put it in my scrap pile? Thanks for any info. Jerry

Last edited by 1951Chevy1Ton; 05/16/2011 2:33 AM.


Jerry
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy 1951Chevy1Ton, according to my Canadian parts book that governor fits 1946 and 47 1 1/2 ton and 2 ton trucks, if it's still in it's original packaging, it may be worth something to a collector or restorer, hope that helps.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
Thank you 3B, I found the description and numbers after I had wire wheel buffed it. I may go to E-Bay with it. Jerry



Jerry
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
1
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
1 Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 396
I also found back there a "Emergency Road side flag set" and a wheel wrench and a screw type jack. Any value/ Any Takers? Jerry

Last edited by 1951Chevy1Ton; 05/16/2011 2:32 AM.

Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0