The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (Barry Martak, NJC, Otto Skorzeny), 86 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,494
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
I've been searching for these and can't seem to locate the right item. The closest I came was a local O'Reilly autoparts store, but the ones they had were just a little too small.



There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master.
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
I assume you are talking about the instrument panel lights (oil light, temp light, etc).
Try these guys.
Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc.
http://www.riwire.com/
It is who I used and I was happy with their products.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
I assume you are talking about the instrument panel lights (oil light, temp light, etc).
Try these guys.
Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc.
http://www.riwire.com/
It is who I used and I was happy with their products.

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
Thanks, yes, that is what I am referring to, but I didn't see what I am looking for on their site.

Here's a pic of what I need (the whole thing, not just the bulb):
http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/dashbulb/dashbulb.jpg

Last edited by mweishaa; 04/27/2011 5:00 PM.

There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master.
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
You're in AZ. Go to DVAP and get some originals from the junkyard. Should be cheap enough.

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 220
You got me on that one.
I know the GMC's have some differences from the Chevy's and this may be another one of them.
I did my whole dash on my 64 and never came across anything that looked like that.
Looks more like one of the lights from a 67-72 dash.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800
K
k10 Offline
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
K Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 800

Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 51

That looks pretty good, thanks a bunch! Would hate to drop the $20 on a set of them if they don't fit, but it looks pretty good. I don't think I've been to rockauto before, I bookmarked it.

I haven't made it up to DVAP yet, but have been meaning to go to look for a rear bumper and some other parts. Truck is out for paint right now... once I get it back I'll get my parts list together and maybe make the hour trip up there.


There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
4
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,552
The GMC dash cluster is a circuit board, of sorts. The bulbs are housed in a socket, that turns into the back, to secure it and complete the lighting circuit...different than the Chevy dash light sockets of the same year.

Originally Posted by Rusty64
You got me on that one.
I know the GMC's have some differences from the Chevy's and this may be another one of them.
I did my whole dash on my 64 and never came across anything that looked like that.
Looks more like one of the lights from a 67-72 dash.

Last edited by 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks; 04/29/2011 5:53 AM.

Moderated by  Hambone, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0