| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,513 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 51 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 51 | I've been searching for these and can't seem to locate the right item. The closest I came was a local O'Reilly autoparts store, but the ones they had were just a little too small.
There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 | I assume you are talking about the instrument panel lights (oil light, temp light, etc). Try these guys. Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc. http://www.riwire.com/It is who I used and I was happy with their products. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 | I assume you are talking about the instrument panel lights (oil light, temp light, etc). Try these guys. Rhode Island Wiring Service Inc. http://www.riwire.com/It is who I used and I was happy with their products. | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 51 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 51 | Thanks, yes, that is what I am referring to, but I didn't see what I am looking for on their site. Here's a pic of what I need (the whole thing, not just the bulb): http://captaincheeto.com/pictures/64-gmc/dashbulb/dashbulb.jpg
Last edited by mweishaa; 04/27/2011 5:00 PM.
There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | You're in AZ. Go to DVAP and get some originals from the junkyard. Should be cheap enough. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2007 Posts: 220 | You got me on that one. I know the GMC's have some differences from the Chevy's and this may be another one of them. I did my whole dash on my 64 and never came across anything that looked like that. Looks more like one of the lights from a 67-72 dash. | | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | | | | | | Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 51 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Feb 2011 Posts: 51 | That looks pretty good, thanks a bunch! Would hate to drop the $20 on a set of them if they don't fit, but it looks pretty good. I don't think I've been to rockauto before, I bookmarked it. I haven't made it up to DVAP yet, but have been meaning to go to look for a rear bumper and some other parts. Truck is out for paint right now... once I get it back I'll get my parts list together and maybe make the hour trip up there. There is one place that you have not looked, and it is there - only there - that you shall find the master. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 1,552 | The GMC dash cluster is a circuit board, of sorts. The bulbs are housed in a socket, that turns into the back, to secure it and complete the lighting circuit...different than the Chevy dash light sockets of the same year. You got me on that one. I know the GMC's have some differences from the Chevy's and this may be another one of them. I did my whole dash on my 64 and never came across anything that looked like that. Looks more like one of the lights from a 67-72 dash.
Last edited by 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks; 04/29/2011 5:53 AM.
| | |
| |
| |